$4 bagged salad with the little pouch of 27 unpronounceable ingredients-Caesar dressing? Guilty as charged. We used to buy those all the time! That is, until I discovered this dressing.
And seriously, I can’t get over how delicious it is. Not to mention cost-effective. No added sugar, no preservatives and nothing weird. Okay, maybe you’ll think the anchovy fillets are weird, but any good Caesar dressing features them, I promise! You may question it while pulling the anchovies out of their little jar or tin can, but just remember they add the perfect salty bite to your dressing which I guarantee will not taste like fish in the end. Anchovies have a way of practically dissolving into any recipe to create a delicious salty/savory flavor profile that tastes a lot like a good quality Parmesan cheese.
This recipe can easily be halved, but any extra dressing stores well for 7-10 days in the fridge.
CREAMY CAESAR DRESSING:
- Yields: 1 cup of dressing (enough for 6-8 lunch salad servings)
- 1 large garlic clove, smashed & peeled
- 2 anchovy fillets in pure olive oil, drained
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice *the juice from apprx. 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup real mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. whole milk
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend on high speed until everything is pureed together. Scrape down the sides and blend together once more. Store in the fridge in an airtight container or sealed mason jar until ready to serve. Dressing keeps well for 7-10 days.