These are our favorite weekend pancakes! No pre-made mix required and chances are you already have everything in your fridge and pantry to make these right now. I like to think they are healthier since they feature protein-packed, non-fat Greek yogurt and they are lighter than most mixes on the flour and added sugar, but hey, it’s the weekend so who’s counting calories?
The recipe halves easily if you are only cooking for 2. Not a fan of blueberries? I don’t understand you, but that’s okay. Make the pancakes plain or sub with pecans/walnuts, a different berry, or even some rainbow sprinkles for a “funfetti” version.
BLUEBERRY GREEK YOGURT PANCAKES
- Inspired by Genius Kitchen
- Yields: 4 servings (8 pancakes total or 2 per person)
- 1 cup (8 oz) plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 7 Tbsp. unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. white sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- non-stick spray or softened butter
- For serving: softened butter, fresh whipped cream, and/or pure maple syrup
- In a medium mixing bowl, add your Greek yogurt, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir together very gently until it is almost combined.
- In small separate bowl, whisk together your eggs and vanilla. Pour into the yogurt-flour mixture and add your blueberries. Stir everything gently together until just combined.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add your nonstick spray or 1/2 Tbsp. of butter. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, add your batter to the skillet one at a time. I usually do 60 to 90 seconds for the first side then flip and cook it for another 60 seconds. Remove to a plate once done, add more non-stick spray or 1/2 Tbsp. butter and repeat the process until all the batter has been used. Serve pancakes with extra softened butter, whipped cream, and/or pure maple syrup.