Breakfast? Dessert? Snack? These bars cover it all. A multipurpose treat that will satisfy your sweet tooth at any point in the day.
We love these jam bars with coffee in the mornings, but they are also delicious cobbler-style (AKA warmed up a bit in the microwave and topped with a scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream).
Guaranteed to be one of the easiest recipes on the blog, jam bars will indefinitely be added to your list of go-to recipes whenever you need a quick, homemade treat.
- Inspired by The Pioneer Woman
- Yields: 10-12 servings
- 14 Tbsp. (1 and 3/4 sticks) cold, unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. of sea salt
- 10-12 oz. your favorite jam *I used strawberry
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish well with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Using a pastry cutter or fork, cut in the cold butter until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Add half of the mixture to the baking dish and press down to pack it tight.
- Tip: I usually microwave my jam for 30 to 60 seconds to help it spread easier. Spoon/pour the jam evenly over the mixture and use the back of a spoon to ensure the jam makes an even layer.
- Sprinkle the rest of the oat mixture on top of the jam layer. Press down lightly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the top is lightly browned. Remove and allow to cool in the pan before cutting.
- Once the bars are cool, cut into squares. Serve at room temperature with an ice cold glass of milk or warmed with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.