A few weeks ago, I shared with you one of our favorite weeknight recipes–crockpot salsa chicken. Here’s another great use for that salsa chicken–a meal prep salad.
Served on a bed of lettuce and paired with a homemade, yet lightened up chipotle ranch, it’s a healthier way to fit in your lunchtime Tex-Mex cravings.
SALSA CHICKEN SALADS WITH CHIPOTLE RANCH DRESSING
- Yields: 4 salads & 1 cup of chipotle ranch dressing
For the salads:
- Half batch of crockpot salsa chicken
- 10 oz. spring/spinach mix
- 2 cups corn kernels (frozen or fresh)
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 bunch green onions (both whites & greens), finely chopped
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bell pepper (any color), seeds removed & chopped
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup pain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried chipotle (or chili) powder
- 1/2 tsp. fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In four Tupperware containers, divide the lettuce evenly. Put a layer of Saran wrap on top to separate the lettuce from the toppings.
- On top of the Saran wrap, add 1/4 each of the (cooled) salsa chicken, corn kernels, black beans, chopped green onions, tomatoes and chopped bell pepper to each salad. Cover with a lid and refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the dressing, add all ingredients to a mason jar. Seal and shake well to combine. Taste and adjust any seasonings as you prefer. Refrigerate until ready to serve with salads.