Last weekend we had some friends over for a Southern-themed dinner party. I had been promising for years to make our friend A. my shrimp and grits. Looking for a Southern drink to serve alongside them, I immediately thought of homemade lemonade. But a little more grown up…
And anyone that’s met me knows I am La Croix’s #1 customer and carbonated water evangelist. So this lemonade features a little fizz from the addition of the Lemon La Croix. It’s a bit on the tart side so feel free to add more simple syrup if you like your lemonade sweeter.
Hope you can enjoy this on a big, wrap-around porch or with your favorite Southern dish. Cheers!
SPIKED SPARKLING LEMONADE
- Yields: 4-6 servings
- 1 cup vodka *I love Tito’s
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup simple syrup
- 1/2 cup Triple Sec or Grand Marnier
- 3 cans of Lemon La Croix
- thinly sliced lemons for garnish
- In a large pitcher, stir together the vodka, fresh-squeezed lemon juice, simple syrup, and orange liqueur. If serving immediately, stir in your Lemon La Croix. Otherwise, wait to stir in the La Croix until ready to serve so that it remains bubbly.
- Pour into a cocktail glass or mason jar and garnish with a thinly sliced lemon.